Martha Speaks; Therapy Dog; Martha’s Duck Trouble
MSPE 138 MI#1125654 Media Operations Center PBS
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Therapy Dog; Martha’s Duck Trouble
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Therapy Dog Martha becomes a hospital therapy dog, spreading cheer among the patients. But trouble brews when Mrs. Demson, who claims a horrible allergy to dogs, is admitted for an invisible rash. Can Martha sneak in to help the other patients without Mrs. Demson knowing?
Vocabulary: (E) therapy, patient, cheer, relief, treatment
(I) hospital, rash, pain, doctor, nurse
Martha's Duck Trouble Ralph, the wounded duck from the lake, has settled in at Martha's house to convalesce. Pretty soon, it feels like the duck is taking over. How long does it take for a duck's wing to heal anyway? Is it possible that Ralph has gotten a little too comfortable?
Vocabulary: (E) mend, heal, fake, mood, spirits
(I) feel, worse, glum, down, low
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Therapy Dog; Martha’s Duck Trouble,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E7C212D7C0FC4D12A458FD2693C6F016.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Therapy Dog; Martha’s Duck Trouble.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E7C212D7C0FC4D12A458FD2693C6F016>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Therapy Dog; Martha’s Duck Trouble. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E7C212D7C0FC4D12A458FD2693C6F016