Arthur; Pick A Car, Any Car; Jenna’s Bedtime Blues
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Pick A Car, Any Car; Jenna’s Bedtime Blues
- Program Number
706; 99B; 103A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
"Pick a Car, Any Car" The Read family car is broken, and so is Arthur's heart. How can Mom and Dad even think of replacing it? "Car Talk" hosts Click and Clack the Tappet brothers (otherwise known as Tom and Ray Magliozzi) lend some much-needed advice as Arthur desperately tries to save the beloved vehicle.
"Jenna's Bedtime Blues" Muffy's annual slumber party is the envy of Lakewood Elementary. This year Jenna is finally invited and she's absolutely ... horrified! What if the other girls discover that she's an occasional bed-wetter? She'll be the lonely laughingstock of Elwood City! Can Jenna make it though the night with her sheets dry -- and her secret safe?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Pick A Car, Any Car; Jenna’s Bedtime Blues,” 10/09/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E627C0E0F99C4D30830FEB571FB17A5E.
- MLA: “Arthur; Pick A Car, Any Car; Jenna’s Bedtime Blues.” 10/09/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E627C0E0F99C4D30830FEB571FB17A5E>.
- APA: Arthur; Pick A Car, Any Car; Jenna’s Bedtime Blues. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E627C0E0F99C4D30830FEB571FB17A5E