Mystery!; Sherlock Holmes: The Last Vampyre
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Sherlock Holmes: The Last Vampyre
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
The sleepy English village of Lamberley is rocked with fear by the arrival of a tall, mysterious stranger named John Stockton, played by Roy Marsden (who also plays sleuth Adam Dalgliesh in MYSTERY!'s P.D. James presentations.) One hundred years previously his ancestor, Lord St. Clair, was burned to death by terrified villagers who believed him to be a vampire. The present inhabitants are convinced Stockton has come to avenge Lord St. Clair's death and they fear he, too, may be a vampire. The local priest calls in Sherlock Holmes to investigate.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Sherlock Holmes: The Last Vampyre,” 10/31/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E61274C670314D008332C8F028F10DD7.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Sherlock Holmes: The Last Vampyre.” 10/31/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E61274C670314D008332C8F028F10DD7>.
- APA: Mystery!; Sherlock Holmes: The Last Vampyre. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E61274C670314D008332C8F028F10DD7