American Experience; Nixon; Camouflaged troops, 1969
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
9th Division troops - faces camouflaged for battle. _-_ 1. Men in camouflage uniforms, walking on base. Officers walk into building with sign "Headquarters 9th Infantry" and insignia. (15', silent) _-_ 2.US flag, bugler playing taps (scratches). Men walking and massed. MC. (49', sound on film and silent) _-_ 3. Crossed out on story card: magnetic track only, bugle plays taps,15'] _-_ 4. Helicopters and men handling body bags on airfield. Man squatting against pole playing harmonica. Picture of Goldie Hawn on wall and news clipping: "First Pullout Moves."(39',silent) _-_ 5. Close shot three faces. (13',silent) _-_ 6. Close shot, young pug-nosed face, semi-profile. "Batman", smiling, smoking. Fist and Peace sign medallion. (23', some sound on film) _-_ 7. Headquarters, 9th Infantry, door. Close-up sign: "We Try Harder." Close-up insignia. Close-up faces made up for battle with camouflage. (70', silent - actually comes after)
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Camouflaged troops, 1969
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- United States. Army
- Military bases, American
- Camouflage (Military science)
- Vietnam (Republic)
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- South Vietnam
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Camouflaged troops, 1969,” 06/16/1969, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E545F34D654B4401A8D641EE3FEF543A.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Camouflaged troops, 1969.” 06/16/1969. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E545F34D654B4401A8D641EE3FEF543A>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Camouflaged troops, 1969. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E545F34D654B4401A8D641EE3FEF543A