Arthur; Buster's Garden of Grief; Through The Looking Glasses
WGBH Master Buster’s Garden of Grief, 170A Through the Looking Glasses, 170B
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Buster's Garden of Grief; Through The Looking Glasses
- Program Number
1509; 170A; 170B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Buster’s Garden of Grief, 170A With Fritz gone, Buster is in charge of the community garden, but it proves to be too much for just one person. Can Buster and his friends put the “community” back in community gardening or will it end up getting paved over?
Educational objective: Buster learns about responsibility when he tends to the community garden. He also learns how to balance his school, activities, and friends with his newly acquired responsibilities.
Through the Looking Glasses, 170B Arthur can’t find his glasses and has to get new ones, but all the attention he is getting from these new hipper glasses has gone straight to his head! Buster figures that it’s up to him to get the old Arthur back.
Educational objective: Arthur learns that changing your appearance shouldn’t change your personality.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Buster's Garden of Grief; Through The Looking Glasses,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E4E64370FB4E4040B6DF732FF51A6047.
- MLA: “Arthur; Buster's Garden of Grief; Through The Looking Glasses.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E4E64370FB4E4040B6DF732FF51A6047>.
- APA: Arthur; Buster's Garden of Grief; Through The Looking Glasses. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E4E64370FB4E4040B6DF732FF51A6047