Martha Speaks; Best In Show; Truman on the Ball
MSPE 118 HD base SOM 01;00;00;00 EOM 01;28;45;28 DUR 28;46 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Best In Show; Truman on the Ball
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Best In Show Carolina decides to enter François in the dog show, and Helen just can't help herself. She has to enter Martha, too, so she can show Carolina who the true champion really is. A little competition between cousins isn't a bad thing, or is it?
Vocabulary: (E) competition, contest, champion, rival, victory
(I) beat, enter, lose, prize, win
Truman on the Ball Why does Truman want to become a hobo and/or join the circus? Is he actually trying to run away? Maybe it has something to do with tomorrow's softball game, and the fact that Truman can't actually catch the ball. Can Martha and Alice help?
Vocabulary: (E) achievement, attempt, concentrate, effort, patient
(I) throw, catch, toss, lesson
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Best In Show; Truman on the Ball,” 11/14/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E468C91B73244233A714072F97B6795A.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Best In Show; Truman on the Ball.” 11/14/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E468C91B73244233A714072F97B6795A>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Best In Show; Truman on the Ball. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E468C91B73244233A714072F97B6795A