Arthur; Bully for Binky; Misfortune Teller
Arthur 123, stereo 1&2, DVS 3, silence 4
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Bully for Binky; Misfortune Teller
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Bully for Binky: Is Binky Barnes really the most disgusting, nasty, horrible person on the planet, or is he just misunderstood? When someone--a girl, no less--dares to stand up to Binky, he gets a taste of his own medicine and discovers just how good it is to have friends.
Misfortune Teller: What's got four sides and the answer to everything? Prunella's cootie catcher! (Who else could have predicted that Binky would sing a stupid song in front of the class?) Can Arthur and his friends keep their sanity, knowing their every move is in Prunella's hands?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Bully for Binky; Misfortune Teller,” 10/06/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E45B946162144E8DA33FFDDE35780E58.
- MLA: “Arthur; Bully for Binky; Misfortune Teller.” 10/06/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E45B946162144E8DA33FFDDE35780E58>.
- APA: Arthur; Bully for Binky; Misfortune Teller. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E45B946162144E8DA33FFDDE35780E58