Arthur; Arthur’s New Puppy; Arthur Bounces Back
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s New Puppy; Arthur Bounces Back
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's New Puppy: Arthur's new puppy is exactly what he wanted. He's cute and wriggly, and he follows Arthur everywhere. But training a puppy is harder than Arthur thought. Can he teach Pal to behave--and to pee outside--before his parents get too aggravated. Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
Arthur Bounces Back: Moon shoes. A mere ten dollars stands between Arthur and the shoes he's been dreaming about. A garage sale yields the money he needs--but at an unexpected cost.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s New Puppy; Arthur Bounces Back,” 09/28/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 19, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E40CD12AE2B74A868190A9ACCD803FBE.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s New Puppy; Arthur Bounces Back.” 09/28/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 19, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E40CD12AE2B74A868190A9ACCD803FBE>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s New Puppy; Arthur Bounces Back. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E40CD12AE2B74A868190A9ACCD803FBE