Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Is It A Bird It's... Ruffmanman
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Is It A Bird It's... Ruffmanman
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Ruff's nephew Glen has learned that a mysterious villain, Gamma Ray Person, is trying to harness the electromagnetic spectrum for evil. He forces Ruff into a mask and tights to become television's newest superhero... Ruffman Man! Using the Worldwide Telescope, will Ruff and his SuperFETCHers be able to stop Gamma Ray Person from destroying the world? And will Ruff be able to keep his tights from falling down?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Is It A Bird It's... Ruffmanman,” 07/07/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E335B73E6742435F87D2ADD98372EDCF.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Is It A Bird It's... Ruffmanman.” 07/07/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E335B73E6742435F87D2ADD98372EDCF>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Is It A Bird It's... Ruffmanman. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E335B73E6742435F87D2ADD98372EDCF