Ten O'Clock News; Rev. Allan Boesak
Christy George reports that the Reverend Allan Boesak, an anti-apartheid activist, received an award at Harvard University. He gives a speech at the university in which he urges western countries to place economic sanctions on the South African government. He criticizes Ronald Reagan and other western leaders for supporting the South African government. Boesak, at a press conference after the awards ceremony, praises Dukakis for imposing sanction and and urges George Bush to impose sanctions on South Africa. Boesak talks about the effectiveness of sanctions. George's report includes footage of Bush talking about South Africa and footage of apartheid South Africa. Following the edited story is additional footage of Boesak's press conference at Harvard.
- Ten O'Clock News
Rev. Allan Boesak
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bush, George, 1924-
- Anti-apartheid movements
- Reagan, Ronald
- International trade
- Boesak, Allan Aubrey, 1946-
- Press conferences
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- South Africa
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Harvard University
- Cambridge (Mass.)
- News Report
- Boesak, Allan Aubrey, 1946- (Speaker)
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Bush, George, 1924- (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Rev. Allan Boesak,” 01/17/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E301A82317954A7DB993EE13718F8623.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Rev. Allan Boesak.” 01/17/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E301A82317954A7DB993EE13718F8623>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Rev. Allan Boesak. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E301A82317954A7DB993EE13718F8623