Arthur; Boy Who Cried Comet, The; Arthur and Los Vecinos
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Boy Who Cried Comet, The; Arthur and Los Vecinos
- Program Number
605; 89B; 91B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Boy Who Cried Comet, The
Buster is convinced that he's seen real UFO's, and he uses Muffy's fancy new telescope to get the proof. What he discovers is much more terrifying -- a comet hurtling directly toward earth! Can Buster convince his friends that this sighting is real in time for them to save the planet?
Arthur and Los Vecinos
Mr. Sipple from next door is moving away and Arthur wonders -- who will be the new neighbors? When Alberto Molina and his family settle in, Arthur makes a new friend and learns about a different culture ... and about a comic book character named Conejitos Mechanicos! (That's Spanish for Bionic Bunny...)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Boy Who Cried Comet, The; Arthur and Los Vecinos,” 09/14/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2E0ACCC0EEE4D21BA62ED6DD3C821CC.
- MLA: “Arthur; Boy Who Cried Comet, The; Arthur and Los Vecinos.” 09/14/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2E0ACCC0EEE4D21BA62ED6DD3C821CC>.
- APA: Arthur; Boy Who Cried Comet, The; Arthur and Los Vecinos. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2E0ACCC0EEE4D21BA62ED6DD3C821CC