Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series II: The Mystery of the Blue Jar
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Agatha Christie Stories, Series II: The Mystery of the Blue Jar
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
While playing golf, young Jack Hartington hears a woman's voice crying "Murder! Help! Murder!" Racing in the direction of the voice, Jack comes upon Felise Marchaud, a young Frenchwoman living in a cottage nearby who is sceptical of his claims and who claims to have heard nothing. Several days later under almost identical conditions, Jack hears the cry again, and then starts to doubt his sanity. Enlisting the aid of Dr. Lavington, a psychiatrist, and Felise, Jack finds that the supernatural events surrounding the cottage seem, by an odd coincidence, to have some connection with a blue jar purchased some months previously by his Uncle George. Jack is persuaded by his new friends to fetch the blue jar, which turns out to be Ming and priceless beyond value. A cautionary tale of youthful inexperience and naivety from the pen of Agatha Christie.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series II: The Mystery of the Blue Jar,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2D235261EF849EA8379AD5D2242DABB.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series II: The Mystery of the Blue Jar.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2D235261EF849EA8379AD5D2242DABB>.
- APA: Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series II: The Mystery of the Blue Jar. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2D235261EF849EA8379AD5D2242DABB