American Experience; Nixon; Robert Kennedy whistle stop tour
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
RFK whistle stop tour through Nebraska _-_ 1. Robert F. Kennedy speaking from back of train, "One of the problems, is that young man down there who's wearing a Nixon button (laughs). By the end of my speech, I expect him to take it off and put a Kennedy on top of it." (for style) (11') _-_ 2. Point of view train pulling into station, pan to rear, great shot crowd running after. Train stops. (34')
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Robert Kennedy whistle stop tour
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Campaign speeches
- Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- Presidential candidates
- Communication in politics
- Political campaigns
- Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968 (Speaker)
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Robert Kennedy whistle stop tour,” 04/28/1968, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2830BF6C47C4C6891858C65E992019C.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Robert Kennedy whistle stop tour.” 04/28/1968. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2830BF6C47C4C6891858C65E992019C>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Robert Kennedy whistle stop tour. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2830BF6C47C4C6891858C65E992019C