Arthur; Don’t Ask Muffy; Waiting To Go
Don’t Ask Muffy and Waiting To Go
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Don’t Ask Muffy; Waiting To Go
- Program Number
703; 704; 100A; 100B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
703: Don't Ask Muffy: Muffy starts an advice column in the school newspaper to launch her career as a rich and famous talk-show host. There's only one problem -- the kids are ignoring her, and flocking to a mystery advice-giver instead! If Muffy wants to be as popular as Hoprah Linseed, she'll have to learn a few lessons about competition and what really makes a good listener.
704: Waiting to Go: Binky and Brain collide on the soccer field, breaking Brain's new watch and nearly breaking their friendship. Could things get any worse? Well, yes -- the other kids' rides have come and gone, leaving Binky and Brain behind. Will they spend the next 50 years sitting in the parking lot, waiting to go?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Don’t Ask Muffy; Waiting To Go,” 08/14/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E270B2121136423E9BC31AAE2BDAA753.
- MLA: “Arthur; Don’t Ask Muffy; Waiting To Go.” 08/14/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E270B2121136423E9BC31AAE2BDAA753>.
- APA: Arthur; Don’t Ask Muffy; Waiting To Go. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E270B2121136423E9BC31AAE2BDAA753