Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Farm To Fork
Farm to Fork Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Farm To Fork
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 45 Discover the many ways in which chefs and farmers around the world are shrinking the distance between farm and table. In New Zealand, a family runs a century-old sustainable ranch and eats almost exclusively from meat and produce cultivated in their backyard. Travel to France to meet a chef who is garnering international attention with a menu inspired by what he pulls straight from his restaurant's garden. Then visit a baker in upstate New York who sees bread as a philosophy and baking as a life experiment. In the Gourmet test kitchen, executive food editor Kemp Minifie shares a resourceful pasta recipe featuring an ingredient many throw away-beet greens.
RECIPES Pasta with Beet Greens Bollito di Manzo e Vitellone (Boiled Beef) Mayonnaise Salsa Verde Seared Venison and K
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Farm To Fork,” 11/24/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E254BCA9C4D64439A98A2B9EF795C03A.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Farm To Fork.” 11/24/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E254BCA9C4D64439A98A2B9EF795C03A>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Farm To Fork. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E254BCA9C4D64439A98A2B9EF795C03A