Ten O'Clock News; Anderson and Kennedy
John Anderson press conference before Massachusetts primary. He thanks his supporters and the audience cheers him. Edward Kennedy press conference at the Parker House. He talks about the need to improve the U.S. economy.
- Ten O'Clock News
Anderson and Kennedy
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Anderson, John Bayard, 1922-
- Political campaigns
- Press conferences
- United States -- Economic conditions
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Lydon, Christopher (Reporter)
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009 (Speaker)
- Anderson, John Bayard, 1922- (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Anderson and Kennedy,” 03/05/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2502EE365F244FC83D1211ECDD3C4A3.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Anderson and Kennedy.” 03/05/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2502EE365F244FC83D1211ECDD3C4A3>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Anderson and Kennedy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E2502EE365F244FC83D1211ECDD3C4A3