Arthur; Arthur and D.W. Clean Up; The Long Dull Winter
WGBH EE Master November 1998
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur and D.W. Clean Up; The Long Dull Winter
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur and D.W. Clean Up: Arthur just might make it to Happy Crazy Wow Day at the park -- if he and D.W. can work together to clean both their rooms!
The Long, Dull Winter: What's wrong with Arthur? Is he bored? In love?? Arthur -- and the rest of the gang -- realize they are suffering from the January doldrums brought on by an acute lack of holidays. What's the cure? The kids decide to invent their own holiday.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur and D.W. Clean Up; The Long Dull Winter,” 11/01/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E24C2C69771F45BE924DF0522360F4F1.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur and D.W. Clean Up; The Long Dull Winter.” 11/01/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E24C2C69771F45BE924DF0522360F4F1>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur and D.W. Clean Up; The Long Dull Winter. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E24C2C69771F45BE924DF0522360F4F1