Ten O'Clock News; Pre-war prayer service
An ecumenical prayer service is held at St. Paul's Cathedral in Boston. Members of the clergy including Reverend Diane Kessler of the Massachusetts Council of Churches, Bishop Methodius of the Greek Orthodox Diocese of New England, Reverend Kenneth Grant of the Presbyterian Church, and Bishop Barbara Harris of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts lead people in prayers for a peaceful resolution to the Persian Gulf Crisis. Interviews in front of the cathedral with attendees of the prayer meeting, who express their desire for peace. Portions of the news story are accompanied by a hymn. Following in the edited story is additional b-roll of exteriors and interiors of St. Paul's Cathedral and people attending the prayer service.
- Ten O'Clock News
Pre-war prayer service
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Middle East -- Politics and government
- Persian Gulf War, 1991
- Peace movements
- Rites and ceremonies
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Fields, Carmen (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Pre-war prayer service,” 01/15/1991, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E1F8BC31A8744019936AAF8189C1A75C.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Pre-war prayer service.” 01/15/1991. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E1F8BC31A8744019936AAF8189C1A75C>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Pre-war prayer service. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E1F8BC31A8744019936AAF8189C1A75C