Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Bettye LaVette
Caption Master 2/8/11 Company: WGBH Boston Media Title: Maria Hinojosa: One on One Episode: Betty LaVette 177 / MHOO505 TRT: 26:46 Op: TC: HD 59.94/1080I VTR: Closed Captioned
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Bettye LaVette
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
In 1961, as a teenager, Bettye LaVette recorded her first hit. But despite her initial success she spent four decades waiting for her moment in the spotlight. Now in her 60s, she has been crowned the "Comeback Queen" and is sharing the stage with megastars like Jon Bon Jovi (at Obama’s Inaugural Concert) and Paul McCartney. In this interview with Maria Hinojosa, “the great lady of soul” talks about her initial success and years of obscurity, the secret of her voice, and why age is not an issue.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Bettye LaVette,” 02/08/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E1C6A6F89ED54BA3B56A908A397A15C8.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Bettye LaVette.” 02/08/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E1C6A6F89ED54BA3B56A908A397A15C8>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Bettye LaVette. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E1C6A6F89ED54BA3B56A908A397A15C8