Martha Speaks; Martha Acts Up; Ronald Is In
MSPE 309 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha Acts Up; Ronald Is In
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha Acts Up Karen Barss Mrs. Boxwood offers Martha a part in Alice in Wonderland, and Martha is thrilled at her new chance to become a star of the stage. But when Martha finds out what she’s cast as, she’s horrified. Vocabulary (E) character(s), motivat(e)(ation), portray(s), psychology, instinct(ual) (I) part, actors, play, line(s), show
Ronald Is In Ron Holsey When Ronald finds a book on psychology, he becomes the expert on everyone’s “problems.” Is his cure worse than the complaint? Vocabulary (E) attitude, diagnose(is)(ed)(ing), emulate(ing), mimic(ing) (I) mental, borrow, worried, used book(s), yogurt
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha Acts Up; Ronald Is In,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E1A7BD66322043EEB367F76A78734785.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha Acts Up; Ronald Is In.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E1A7BD66322043EEB367F76A78734785>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha Acts Up; Ronald Is In. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E1A7BD66322043EEB367F76A78734785