Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Robert Cox
La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Robert Cox 5/26/11 #3317 TRT: 26:46 TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: CC
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Robert Cox
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Award-winning journalist Robert Cox is called the hero of Argentine journalism. As the editor of the Buenos Aires Herald during the Dirty War of the 1970’s and 80’s, he risked his life to report kidnappings, torture and murder of thousands of Argentines by the military government. For his courage, Cox was awarded the Maria Moors Cabot Medal from Columbia University and was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire for services of international journalism.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Robert Cox,” 05/26/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E11C67B2001E49A685CB4EDCAFB9E684.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Robert Cox.” 05/26/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E11C67B2001E49A685CB4EDCAFB9E684>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Robert Cox. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E11C67B2001E49A685CB4EDCAFB9E684