Simply Ming; Butter Poaching Technique
Simply Ming SMMG 310K1, Butter Poaching , Uncaptioned Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Butter Poaching Technique
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Stan Frankenthaler Ming's Butter Poaching Technique proves to be a flavorful culinary 101. This master recipe is a luxurious poaching liquid that turns everything from fish to poultry into a luscious, velvety treasure. It's made out of butter, stock, white wine and aromatics and Ming will use it to bring out the juicy richness in lobster, chicken, and duck. Poaching's wonderful technique offers a slow, gentle approach that produces moist, tender results. Ming creates Butter-Poached Lobster with Herbed New Potatoes, Butter Poached Shrimp with Yuzu-Carrot Purée, and Butter Poached Duck Breasts with Watercress Salad. Then Ming visits Todd English in his restaurant kitchen to see what goes into his Brown Butter and Black Olive-Studded Lamb Loin with Minted Fennel Purée.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Butter Poaching Technique,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E0EC6F6B9568438DBE04B6190A41E7BB.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Butter Poaching Technique.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E0EC6F6B9568438DBE04B6190A41E7BB>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Butter Poaching Technique. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E0EC6F6B9568438DBE04B6190A41E7BB