Evening at Pops; Pops Celebrates 100
STEREO / DOLBY
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Pops Celebrates 100
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Flutist James Galway, singer Cleo Laine and jazz musician John Dankworth join John Williams and the Boston Pops for a Centennial Celebration. Musical selections were from Spartacus, The Thorn Birds, songs by Hoagy Carmichael and Duke Ellington.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Pops Celebrates 100,” 12/07/1985, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E0CBCCB2B2F14B38A08B179746741F08.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Pops Celebrates 100.” 12/07/1985. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E0CBCCB2B2F14B38A08B179746741F08>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Pops Celebrates 100. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E0CBCCB2B2F14B38A08B179746741F08