FRONTLINE Special Report; Comrades: Doctor in Moscow
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- FRONTLINE Special Report
- Comrades: Doctor in Moscow
- Program Number
- Series Description
Since January 1983, FRONTLINE has served as American public television's - PBS - flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its television broadcast debut as "the last best hope for broadcast documentaries," FRONTLINE's stature over 23 years is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience. Series release date: 1/1983
- Program Description
Svyatoslav Nikolaevich Fyodorov is an outspoken and provocative eye surgeon whose surgical technique for correcting nearsightedness has made him famous. He lives like a superstar with a chauffeur, a sumptuous apartment in Moscow, and a house in the country. Follows Fyodorov through his day and reveals what life is really like for privileged Soviet citizens.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Public Affairs
- Fanning, David (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Comrades: Doctor in Moscow,” 04/30/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E07A50689FBB40A1A721DDC7D586B8D0.
- MLA: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Comrades: Doctor in Moscow.” 04/30/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E07A50689FBB40A1A721DDC7D586B8D0>.
- APA: FRONTLINE Special Report; Comrades: Doctor in Moscow. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E07A50689FBB40A1A721DDC7D586B8D0