Evening at Pops; Dizzy Gillespie
Preservation Master of original MAPC # A2-03058, dubbed 2/2000; original date of material 5/19/1971.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Dizzy Gillespie
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Panelists: Ron Della Chiesa, host, MusicAmerica, WGBH-fm; Alan Dawson, jazz drummer; Bob Blumenthal, jazz critic, The Boston Globe; Charles Lake, Dizzy Gillespie's road manager; Ernie Santosuosso, former jazz critic, The Boston Globe.
Series Description: Nightly public affairs roundtable featuring rotating group of Boston area residents discussing topics drawn from the news. Each program will open with a short produced piece introducing the topic, then join the discussion in progress. No host, panelists are drawn from group of 30-40 people from all walks of life in the Boston community.
SERIES PREMIERED NOV 1991; DISCONTINUED AS OF JAN 1996.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Dizzy Gillespie,” 05/19/1971, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E061EFE54FE44C43B0AEAD9E941C5DF6.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Dizzy Gillespie.” 05/19/1971. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E061EFE54FE44C43B0AEAD9E941C5DF6>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Dizzy Gillespie. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E061EFE54FE44C43B0AEAD9E941C5DF6