Martha Speaks; Martha Goes to School; TD and the Light Bulb of Doom
MSPE 133 HD 28:46 6/13/09 DB/MR5 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha Goes to School; TD and the Light Bulb of Doom
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha Goes to School TD thinks it would be funny to put Martha's name on the list for substitute teachers. What started out as a joke, turns into a nightmare for Helen, Alice, and TD, when Martha gets the job and takes it very seriously.
Vocabulary: (E) attendance, substitute, attention, behavior, report
(I) teacher, lesson, student, school, homework
TD and the Light Bulb of Doom TD swears he'll start working on his report just as soon as he watches the "Harry Blotter, Boy Wizard" movie marathon, all nine parts! As Helen predicted, TD winds up in a panic until he has a moment of inspiration. Can he pull off his project in time?
Vocabulary: (E) assignment, inventor, discover, biography, subject
(I) chapter, study, project, class, grade
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha Goes to School; TD and the Light Bulb of Doom,” 06/13/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DFB9919F7ABC43BE96FA9C1B20C4466E.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha Goes to School; TD and the Light Bulb of Doom.” 06/13/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DFB9919F7ABC43BE96FA9C1B20C4466E>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha Goes to School; TD and the Light Bulb of Doom. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DFB9919F7ABC43BE96FA9C1B20C4466E