Food Trip with Todd English; New York: A Lotta Bread
Food Trip with Todd English 110: NY: A Whole Lotta Bread SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- New York: A Lotta Bread
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 TODD ENGLISH VISITS THE DIVERSE ETHNIC NEIGHBORHOODS OF NEW YORK CITY AND DISCOVERS THE BAKERS AND BREADS THAT HELP DEFINE THEM. FROM EAST 6TH STREET’S INDIAN RESTAURANTS AND DELICIOUS NAAN TO RUSSIAN INFLUENCED BLACK BREAD AND THE CLASSIC NEW YORK BIALY WITH ITS ROOTS IN THE ASHKENAZI JEWISH COMMUNITY, TODD BRING VIEWERS TINTO THE CULTURES AND INGREDIENTS THAT MAKE EACH BREAD SO UNIQUE AND THEN SHOWCASES A DIFFERENT TAKE ON BREAD WITH HIS RECIPE- “ONION SOUP INSIDE-OUT”- BACK AT OLIVES IN CHARSESTOWN, MA.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; New York: A Lotta Bread,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DF9BB35EF60B4BC890AF462AE211F4A8.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; New York: A Lotta Bread.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DF9BB35EF60B4BC890AF462AE211F4A8>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; New York: A Lotta Bread. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DF9BB35EF60B4BC890AF462AE211F4A8