Arthur; Feeling Flush; Family Fortune
WGBH COPY PBS Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Feeling Flush; Family Fortune
- Program Number
1004; 126B; 130B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
WHEN ELWOOD CITY EXPERIENCES A DROUGHT, FRANCINE BETS ARTHUR THAT HER FAMILY CAN USE LESS WATER THAN HIS. BUT FRANCINE IS SHOCKED TO LEARN THAT, DESPITE HER CONSERVATION EFFORTS, HER WATER METER LEVELS ARE TWICE AS HIGH AS ARTHUR'S! WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE FRENSKY HOUSEHOLD? WILL FRANCINE FIND OUT WHO'S BEHIND THE FLUSHING FRENZY?
THE TV SHOW, TREASURE CARAVAN, IS COMING TO ELWOOD CITY! ARTHUR AND D.W. ARE CONVINCED THAT IN GRANDMA THORA'S ATTIC THEY'LL FIND TREASURES THAT WILL MAKE THEM FAMOUS ON TV -- AND RICH BEYOND THEIR WILDEST DREAMS. BUT WHAT THEY REALLY DISCOVER IS THAT FAMILY HISTORY AND CULTURAL TRADITIONS ARE FAR MORE PRECIOUS.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Feeling Flush; Family Fortune,” 04/04/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DF7337348BB44498B66D9B5C560C150E.
- MLA: “Arthur; Feeling Flush; Family Fortune.” 04/04/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DF7337348BB44498B66D9B5C560C150E>.
- APA: Arthur; Feeling Flush; Family Fortune. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DF7337348BB44498B66D9B5C560C150E