Ten O'Clock News; King papers at BU
Martin Luther King, Jr. received his doctorate of theology from Boston University in 1955, and he donated more than 80,000 personal papers to the university before he died. Coretta Scott King has filed suit against the university to get the papers returned to her. Interviews with students on campus about whether BU should return the papers to Scott King. The law firm of Melvin Miller, a BU Trustee, is handling the case for the university. Miller has accused Scott King of trying to profit from her husbands' materials. Scott King does not believe that King's agreement with the university is binding. Interview with BU Vice President Greg Felker and Black Student Union President Kiphanie Radford about the case. Shots of the papers and footage of Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King. This tape includes additional footage of King's papers on display at BU.
- Ten O'Clock News
King papers at BU
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Universities and colleges
- Boston University
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006
- African Americans -- Civil rights
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; King papers at BU,” 04/01/1988, GBH Archives, accessed December 3, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DF1E97DA4D1B47C3AA10B2D1E74BEDE1.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; King papers at BU.” 04/01/1988. GBH Archives. Web. December 3, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DF1E97DA4D1B47C3AA10B2D1E74BEDE1>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; King papers at BU. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DF1E97DA4D1B47C3AA10B2D1E74BEDE1