Mystery!; Lord Peter Wimsey: Strong Poison
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Lord Peter Wimsey: Strong Poison
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast Thursdays October 1, 8, 15, 1987
The serial follows the intriguing events and the blossoming relationship between two of Sayer's most popular characters: the gentleman detective Lord Peter Wimsey and the talented young crime writer, Harriet Vane. In this story, Harriet Vane is on trial for the murder of her ex-lover Philip Boyes. Lord Peter Wimsey reads about her case and is so captivated by her that he undertakes an investigation to prove her innocence. Working against the clock, Wimsey discovers that Harriet is a victim of a plot by her lover's cousin to inherit a rich aunt's estate.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Lord Peter Wimsey: Strong Poison,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE991D8CF67144E4853E96B53C8B149D.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Lord Peter Wimsey: Strong Poison.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE991D8CF67144E4853E96B53C8B149D>.
- APA: Mystery!; Lord Peter Wimsey: Strong Poison. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE991D8CF67144E4853E96B53C8B149D