Evening at Pops; Tony Bennett And Michel Legrand
PBS Encore Showing
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Tony Bennett And Michel Legrand
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Singer Tony Bennett joins pianist/composer Michel Legrand (Oscar Award-winning "Summer of '42" and "The Windfalls of Your Mind") for an evening of lush ballads. Bennett performs a medley of his hits, including "When Joanna loved me" and "I Left My Heart in San Francisco." Legrand's "I Will Wait for You" is featured, along with his "Yentl Suite for Piano and Orchestra." The two stylists join for Legrand's famous "How Do You Keep the Music Playing?"
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Tony Bennett And Michel Legrand,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE4EA24E09A4420E86B868705CF27445.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Tony Bennett And Michel Legrand.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE4EA24E09A4420E86B868705CF27445>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Tony Bennett And Michel Legrand. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE4EA24E09A4420E86B868705CF27445