Evening at Pops; John Williams And Harry Connick Jr.
John Williams, Harry Connick, Ms. Shabazz, Paul Winfield, Unfinished Journey, Tribute to Busby Berkeley and Nicholas Brothers
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- John Williams And Harry Connick Jr.
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Laureate conductor John Williams returns for the season premiere to lead the Boston Pops Orchestra in a celebration of film music and a salute to Hollywood composer Harry Warren and his frequent on-screen collaborator, Busby Berkeley. The multi-talented Harry Connick Jr. joins Williams and the orchestra to perform a selection of jazz standards composed by Warren and others.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; John Williams And Harry Connick Jr.,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE1C21449E2B43FD89700045EC9414B1.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; John Williams And Harry Connick Jr..” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE1C21449E2B43FD89700045EC9414B1>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; John Williams And Harry Connick Jr.. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE1C21449E2B43FD89700045EC9414B1