Evening at Pops; John Williams And Harry Connick Jr.
John Williams, Harry Connick, Ms. Shabazz, Paul Winfield, Unfinished Journey, Tribute to Busby Berkeley and Nicholas Brothers
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- John Williams And Harry Connick Jr.
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Laureate conductor John Williams returns for the season premiere to lead the Boston Pops Orchestra in a celebration of film music and a salute to Hollywood composer Harry Warren and his frequent on-screen collaborator, Busby Berkeley. The multi-talented Harry Connick Jr. joins Williams and the orchestra to perform a selection of jazz standards composed by Warren and others.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; John Williams And Harry Connick Jr.,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE1C21449E2B43FD89700045EC9414B1.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; John Williams And Harry Connick Jr..” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE1C21449E2B43FD89700045EC9414B1>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; John Williams And Harry Connick Jr.. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE1C21449E2B43FD89700045EC9414B1