Evening Compass, The; President And The Supreme Court, The
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening Compass, The
- President And The Supreme Court, The
- Series Description
Premiered January 1974
The Evening Compass was a half-hour program airing Monday - Friday at 7 pm, repeated at 10:30. With co-anchormen Ed Baumeister and Louis Lyons, its purpose was to interpret news already reported elsewhere and to recognize, report and interpret news not reported elsewhere. Compass Specials were occasional broadcasts at other times that usually covered actual events as opportunities and resources permitted. Evening Compass incorporated the staff of Louis Lyons/News and Comment and The Reporters.
See Prime Time January and February 1974 for cover stories. Series release date: 1/2/1974
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- News Report
- Stuart, Charles (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening Compass, The; President And The Supreme Court, The,” 07/24/1974, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE160AF606234F0E98DD204A43EF76C9.
- MLA: “Evening Compass, The; President And The Supreme Court, The.” 07/24/1974. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE160AF606234F0E98DD204A43EF76C9>.
- APA: Evening Compass, The; President And The Supreme Court, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE160AF606234F0E98DD204A43EF76C9