Arthur; Fernlets by Fern; Prunella and the Haunted Locker
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fernlets by Fern; Prunella and the Haunted Locker
- Program Number
1308; 158A; 157B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual Titles for Additional Assets.
Fernlets by Fern, 158A
As part of her latest business venture, Muffy talks Fern into writing poems for a new line of greeting cards which becomes the hit of Elwood City. But booming business causes Fern to burn out. Can Fern and Muffy find a way to make writing fun again?
Prunella and the Haunted Locker, 157B
Prunella is assigned a new school locker, which is rumored to be haunted! She refuses to believe it… until mysterious and unexplained things start to happen. Will Prunella have seven years of bad luck (and bad grades) or can she get to the bottom of this mystery?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Fernlets by Fern; Prunella and the Haunted Locker,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE018AD2EE7F4EAAB2E3D750668615E3.
- MLA: “Arthur; Fernlets by Fern; Prunella and the Haunted Locker.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE018AD2EE7F4EAAB2E3D750668615E3>.
- APA: Arthur; Fernlets by Fern; Prunella and the Haunted Locker. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DE018AD2EE7F4EAAB2E3D750668615E3