Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series IV: Rumpole and the Judge's Elbow
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rumpole of the Bailey, Series IV: Rumpole and the Judge's Elbow
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Rumpole is due to appear in a massage parlor case before his old head of Chambers, Guthrie Featherstone, who seems suspiciously reluctant to try the case. Sam Ballard is impressed by a young barrister, Charles Heathstoke, who plans to modernize Chambers. This will affect Rumpole and the clerk Henry in different, but equally uncomfortable ways.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series IV: Rumpole and the Judge's Elbow,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 24, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DD75FC6846834EE7851DEBCE07BC2E16.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series IV: Rumpole and the Judge's Elbow.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 24, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DD75FC6846834EE7851DEBCE07BC2E16>.
- APA: Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series IV: Rumpole and the Judge's Elbow. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DD75FC6846834EE7851DEBCE07BC2E16