Arthur; Cherry Tree, The; Matchmaker Matchbreaker
D-Beta, green label broadcast master Mix Tracks.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Cherry Tree, The; Matchmaker Matchbreaker
- Program Number
1206: 155A; 155B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
The Cherry Tree: Muffy will do anything to have a gigantic Dream Bouncy Castle at her party, or so she thinks. When her favorite cherry tree is cut down to make room for the castle in her yard, she starts to have regrets. Then to make matters worse, she learns that cutting down trees hurts the environment, too. What can Muffy do to fix the damage she's done? Educational Objective: Muffy and friends learn about the significant role trees play in maintaining our environment.
Matchmaker, Matchbreaker: Francine and Muffy scheme to set up their older siblings Chip and Catherine. If the two got married that would make the girls sisters! But plans go awry, and Francine and Muffy decide that merging families may not be for the best. Educational Objective: Muffy and Francine learn that sometimes it's better not to scheme and let life take its course.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Cherry Tree, The; Matchmaker Matchbreaker,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DD2014439A024310992ABE017177C2D8.
- MLA: “Arthur; Cherry Tree, The; Matchmaker Matchbreaker.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DD2014439A024310992ABE017177C2D8>.
- APA: Arthur; Cherry Tree, The; Matchmaker Matchbreaker. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DD2014439A024310992ABE017177C2D8