Ten O'Clock News; Wayne Budd appointment
Christy George reports that George Bush has nominated attorney Wayne Budd for the post of Massachusetts US Attorney. George reviews Budd's career as an attorney and state official. Budd at a press conference talking about his credentials and that the color of his skin is irrelevant to his nomination. Scenes of Budd in his office at the Budd, Wiley and Richlin law firm, including architect Paul Parks visiting him in his office. Former Massachusetts US Attorney Frank McNamara left the post after a controversy. There are some pending cases being handled by the present Massachusetts US Attorney.
- Ten O'Clock News
Wayne Budd appointment
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- McNamara, Frank L., 1947-
- Press conferences
- African Americans -- Politics and government
- Federal government
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Budd, Wayne A. (Wayne Anthony), 1941-
- African American lawyers
- News Report
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Budd, Wayne A. (Wayne Anthony), 1941- (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Wayne Budd appointment,” 03/30/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 26, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DD00AF238AE246CAA4B7A20A8EDB09AC.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Wayne Budd appointment.” 03/30/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 26, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DD00AF238AE246CAA4B7A20A8EDB09AC>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Wayne Budd appointment. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DD00AF238AE246CAA4B7A20A8EDB09AC