Ten O'Clock News; Gays endorse Murphy
Gays endorse Evelyn Murphy for governor because she is the liberal candidate. Comments on Murphy's progressive liberalism, especially her support of gay rights. "Outing" activist claims Murphy is gay. Interviews with Murphy, and Murphy supporters. Discussion of political and voting strategy in 3-way race between Silber, Bellotti, and Murphy. Story followed by footage of June 9th, 1990 Gay Pride March.
- Ten O'Clock News
Gays endorse Murphy
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Politics, Practical
- Murphy, Evelyn F.
- Gay rights
- Political campaigns
- News Report
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Murphy, Evelyn F. (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Gays endorse Murphy,” 06/11/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DC82AE86FBD54D0DBA7B5033537A836F.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Gays endorse Murphy.” 06/11/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DC82AE86FBD54D0DBA7B5033537A836F>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Gays endorse Murphy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DC82AE86FBD54D0DBA7B5033537A836F