Soundings; Walter Robinson and His Music
Part of New Television Workshop.
Walter Robinson and His Music
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Walter Robinson and His Music
- Series Description
Four performance documentaries featuring award-winning composers. Each program features the composer working with musicians in rehearsal and in studio performances of several works, so that the viewer watches the process as the creative team moves toward a product. Series release date: 1986
- Program Description
Documentary containing interview footage with the composer and narrated overview of his life and music. Includes footage from committee meeting with the members of the W. E. B. DuBois Fellows--Harvard. Also includes performances of his music specifically recorded for this program, compositions which relate to African American history.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Documentaries and factual works
- Harvard University. W.E.B. Du Bois Fellows
- Performance in a Studio
- Robinson, Walter ()
- Jones, Vernon ()
- Taylor, Howard ()
- Carroll, Margo ()
- Elliott, Bill ()
- Hewitt, Donna ()
- Chicago: “Soundings; Walter Robinson and His Music,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DC5887E0639A41819F57A3DD4D739150.
- MLA: “Soundings; Walter Robinson and His Music.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DC5887E0639A41819F57A3DD4D739150>.
- APA: Soundings; Walter Robinson and His Music. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DC5887E0639A41819F57A3DD4D739150