Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Quiets the Universe; Finders, Keepers
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Quack Quiets the Universe; Finders, Keepers
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 27 (30B/31A) FINDERS, KEEPERS QUACK FINDS A PERFECT SLICE OF BREAD. SHOULD HE LISTEN TO HIS DUCK WISDOM, WHICH IS TELLING HIM TO SAVE IT FOR A RAINY DAY?
INTERSTITIAL: IT’S A GREAT DAY FOR A PICNIC AND THE KIDS ARE HAVING LUNCH OUTSIDE - CRISP APPLES, LUSCIOUS SANDWICHES, AND COOL REFRESHING POPSICLES. AFTER THEY TAKE A BREAK TO DRAW SOME PICTURES, THEY COME BACK TO SEE THAT THEIR FOOD HAS CHANGED!
QUACK QUIETS THE UNIVERSE ANOTHER SLEEPLESS NIGHT FOR QUACK. WHY CAN'T EVERYONE BE QUIET AND LET A POOR DUCK GET SOME REST?!
INTERSTITIAL: IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A COMPLETELY QUIET PLACE? THE KIDS ARE ON A QUEST TO FIND THE QUIETEST PLACE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. IF YOU LISTEN, YOU REALIZE THERE ARE SOUNDS ALL AROUND US.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Quiets the Universe; Finders, Keepers,” 10/19/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DC045A6ADE7744B186933B6F97851F51.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Quiets the Universe; Finders, Keepers.” 10/19/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DC045A6ADE7744B186933B6F97851F51>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Quiets the Universe; Finders, Keepers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DC045A6ADE7744B186933B6F97851F51