Antiques VIII; COLLECTING AMERICAN GLASS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques VIII
- COLLECTING AMERICAN GLASS
- Program Number
- Series Description
Produced by New Hampshire Network out of WENH-TV in Durham, New Hampshire for distribution on the Eastern Educational Network (EEN). Series VIII was broadcast in 1973.
Antiques with host George Michael returns in full color with a new set, but with the same familiar attention to detail and precision in showing and giving the history of the pieces and collections featured. The new set features a period room that viewers will become familiar with over the 26 episode series.
George Michael was an antique dealer, collector, auctioneer, lecturer and author. His books include: “Antiquing With George Michael,” “The Treasury of New England Antiques,” and “Treasury of Federal Antiques.” Series release date: 1973
- Program Description
In this program Lowell Innes of Saco, Maine, on of the foremost authorities on American glass, shows a wide variety of glass pieces from the outstanding collection of the Currier Gallery in Manchester, New Hampshire. Pieces that are featured on the program include molded, ribbed bowls, a deeply colored pitcher with a ball cover, an inkwell in which a glass holder fits as perfectly as the stone holder originally made for it, a variety of flasks, bottles, compotes and dishes. A lesson in production is provided by showing three pieces of pressed glass. other features covered in the program are etching, molding, application of color, and remarks on what kinds of glass pieces are easily and profitably collectible.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Michael, George (Series Producer)
- New Hampshire Network (Series Producer)
- Hotaling, Al (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques VIII; COLLECTING AMERICAN GLASS,” 08/01/1973, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 7, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DBDD5D0603CE41C7AC979EDD876B2FB3.
- MLA: “Antiques VIII; COLLECTING AMERICAN GLASS.” 08/01/1973. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 7, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DBDD5D0603CE41C7AC979EDD876B2FB3>.
- APA: Antiques VIII; COLLECTING AMERICAN GLASS. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DBDD5D0603CE41C7AC979EDD876B2FB3