Sister Wendy’s American Collection; Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Episode 2 ; reel two of two ; NOLA : SISWAC 102 (C1) New York / Los Angeles final packaged version
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Sister Wendy’s American Collection
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in September 2001 Art commentator and nun Sister Wendy Beckett once again delights PBS audiences with a new six-part series -- this time filmed exclusively in America and featuring art objects from around the world. In a personal guide for beginners and serious art enthusiasts alike, Sister Wendy brings her unique intelligence and powers of observation to the beauties of paintings, sculptures, decorative arts and other arts of six major American museums. Series release date: 9/2001
- Program Description
At the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, viewers find Sister Wendy enjoying the infinite quality of the museum’s Japanese Pavilion, the diversity of its Costumes and Textiles galleries, and the breadth of its pre-Columbian collection. From a Tibetan Buddha sculpture to an Issey Miyake gown, an eighteenth-century Qing dynasty dragon robe to a painting by American Impressionist Mary Cassatt, Rembrandt and Winslow Homer to contemporary artist David Hockney, the abstractions to Richard Diebenkorn, Sister Wendy revels in the museum’s many treasures.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Fine Arts
- Chicago: “Sister Wendy’s American Collection; Los Angeles County Museum of Art,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DBB1DA36A99D43DE87E4EC01CB021168.
- MLA: “Sister Wendy’s American Collection; Los Angeles County Museum of Art.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DBB1DA36A99D43DE87E4EC01CB021168>.
- APA: Sister Wendy’s American Collection; Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DBB1DA36A99D43DE87E4EC01CB021168