FRONTLINE Special Report; Decade of Destruction: The Killing of Chico Mendes
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- FRONTLINE Special Report
- Decade of Destruction: The Killing of Chico Mendes
- Program Number
- Series Description
Since January 1983, FRONTLINE has served as American public television's - PBS - flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its television broadcast debut as "the last best hope for broadcast documentaries," FRONTLINE's stature over 23 years is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience. Series release date: 1/1983
- Program Description
Chico Mendes' murder in 1988 brought worldwide attention to the problem of Amazon deforestation. Mendes has become a symbol of the struggle between rubber trappers and land owners. He was finally murdered by gunmen allegedly from a neighboring cattle ranch. (Frontline #709: Murder in the Amazon about the death of activist Chico Mendes was drawn from the research for this series.)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Public Affairs
- Fanning, David (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Decade of Destruction: The Killing of Chico Mendes,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DB3666890A324A609F16413E85649270.
- MLA: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Decade of Destruction: The Killing of Chico Mendes.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DB3666890A324A609F16413E85649270>.
- APA: FRONTLINE Special Report; Decade of Destruction: The Killing of Chico Mendes. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DB3666890A324A609F16413E85649270