Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: The Medieval Cucina- I Live In a Castle
Italy: Castles SD Base REvision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Italy: The Medieval Cucina- I Live In a Castle
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Internationally acclaimed chef Todd English goes back on the road to explore the world's most exotic culinary destinations. Each episode of James Beard Award-winning series finds Todd in a new locale — from the apex of Peru’s mystical Cuzco and the cosmopolitan nightlife of Tel Aviv, to the rolling hills of Tuscany and the bustle of Bangkok. He draws inspiration from the native cuisines and ingredients, and then returns to his own restaurant to re-create these mouthwatering international recipes.
Join Todd English as he travels to Tuscany to experience all things medieval. From living in a medieval castle and shopping at a medieval market, to eating a medieval lampredotto sandwich and recovering at a medieval apothecary, it all comes together at Todd’s al fresco Tuscan feast at the castle. Back at Olives, his restaurant in Boston, Todd conjures something old, new and delicious.
Recipes: Bistecca Fiorentina with Polenta and Tripe Salad
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: The Medieval Cucina- I Live In a Castle,” 03/23/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DB02F4CF1A5F4BCF814C7B1A5D273090.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: The Medieval Cucina- I Live In a Castle.” 03/23/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DB02F4CF1A5F4BCF814C7B1A5D273090>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: The Medieval Cucina- I Live In a Castle. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DB02F4CF1A5F4BCF814C7B1A5D273090