Ten O'Clock News; Fighting consumer fraud
Press conference held by Attorney General Francis X. Bellotti and Paula Gold, chief of consumer protection division, on criminal prosecution of fraud to combat white collar economic crime. She talks about technology to facilitate communication between law enforcement agencies. A man talks about fraud in the nursing home industry. High rises in Boston financial district. Several takes of reporter standup. He curses when he messes up.
- Ten O'Clock News
Fighting consumer fraud
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Law enforcement
- Press conferences
- Bellotti, Francis X.
- Financial District (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Kolowich, Mike (Reporter)
- Bellotti, Francis X. (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Fighting consumer fraud,” 11/22/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DAF429F5DB3048C4AE0D7F9730A519BD.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Fighting consumer fraud.” 11/22/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DAF429F5DB3048C4AE0D7F9730A519BD>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Fighting consumer fraud. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DAF429F5DB3048C4AE0D7F9730A519BD