Arthur; World Of Tomorrow, The; Is There a Doctor in the House
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- World Of Tomorrow, The; Is There a Doctor in the House
- Program Number
708; 104A; 99A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
"The World of Tomorrow" Since Binky's repeating third grade, he's totally dreading Mr. Ratburn's annual class sleepover at the Science Museum. After all, he remembers how boring it was last year ... wouldn't the second time around be twice as dull? But an enticing new exhibit -- on visions of the future! -- shows Binky that science knowledge can really come in handy.
"Is There a Doctor in the House?" Arthur and D.W. face the ultimate challenge when Mom gets a bad cold and then ... (gulp!) ... gives it to Dad! What if Arthur has to take over Dad's catering business? And how will they raise Baby Kate all by themselves?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; World Of Tomorrow, The; Is There a Doctor in the House,” 10/15/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DAEDC5AB5A924AC7A45E6412E2B5AB31.
- MLA: “Arthur; World Of Tomorrow, The; Is There a Doctor in the House.” 10/15/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DAEDC5AB5A924AC7A45E6412E2B5AB31>.
- APA: Arthur; World Of Tomorrow, The; Is There a Doctor in the House. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_DAEDC5AB5A924AC7A45E6412E2B5AB31