Art Close Up; April 2004 Special: Poetry Close Up: Frank Bidart, The Maker
“Poetry Close Up: Frank Bidart, The Maker”
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Art Close Up
- April 2004 Special: Poetry Close Up: Frank Bidart, The Maker
- Program Number
- Series Description
A locally-produced, periodic half-hour program that showcases the wealth of creativity in the Greater boston area. Greater boston arts will feature segments produced by independent filmmakers - spanning the spectrum from major institutions to community arts centers, downtown theatres to rehearsal studios, high art to low - as well as a calendar of upcoming events. Series release date: 5/2003
- Program Description
In this Art Close Up special, filmmaker Jay Anania presents an intimate portrait of poet Frank Bidart. The half-hour program explores Bidart's life and work, including readings of poems ranging from the early dramatic monologue "Ellen West" to the newly minted "Song." Anania visits Bidart in his Cambridge home, a place filled with the artifacts of his passion for film and music, and joins him in his classroom at Wellesley College. Through an immersion in the poetry, both in performance and on-screen, Art Close Up illustrates why Bidart’s oeuvre has been described as "major music."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Fine Arts
- Stewart, Stephanie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Art Close Up; April 2004 Special: Poetry Close Up: Frank Bidart, The Maker,” 04/17/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D9A83A9B9D4348EB95DDA3874432F177.
- MLA: “Art Close Up; April 2004 Special: Poetry Close Up: Frank Bidart, The Maker.” 04/17/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D9A83A9B9D4348EB95DDA3874432F177>.
- APA: Art Close Up; April 2004 Special: Poetry Close Up: Frank Bidart, The Maker. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D9A83A9B9D4348EB95DDA3874432F177