Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Laminated Coat Rack
APT HD Master Coat rack with a road trip to Long Island and guest David Ebner
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Laminated Coat Rack
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Laminated Coat Rack – Episode 09
In this episode of Rough Cut, featuring the Laminated Coat Rack project, Tommy teaches basic geometric patterns using different species of wood by stack laminating. Then, Tommy and crew head out on a Rough Cut Road Trip to Brookhaven, New York, where studio artist David Ebner is busy making his famous Scallion Coat Rack – a project that teaches both lamination and turning techniques.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Band Saw Hand Plane Marking Knife Combination Square Clamps
Field Trip: David Ebner, Brookhaven, New York
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Laminated Coat Rack,” 10/04/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D99A48031D6F45848738738DBAC0C1E5.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Laminated Coat Rack.” 10/04/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D99A48031D6F45848738738DBAC0C1E5>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Laminated Coat Rack. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D99A48031D6F45848738738DBAC0C1E5