Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Ming Tsai
La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Caption Master Ming Tsai 2/5/2010 #3209 TRT: 26:46 Op: T.C.P. TC: SD 29.97 DF CC
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Ming Tsai
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Emmy Award-winning chef and restaurateur Ming Tsai is known for his innovative East-West approach. Tsai is chef/owner of Blue Ginger in Wellesley, MA and host of public television’s Emmy-nominated Simply Ming, currently in its seventh season. Previously, he hosted East Meets West with Ming Tsai and Ming's Quest, and co-hosted Cooking Under Fire. He also has appeared on Top Chef and Iron Chef America. He is a national spokesperson for the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network.Chef and restaurateur Ming Tsai.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Ming Tsai,” 02/05/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D951C1C6359E41D4AF49E6C9DF035934.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Ming Tsai.” 02/05/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D951C1C6359E41D4AF49E6C9DF035934>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Ming Tsai. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D951C1C6359E41D4AF49E6C9DF035934