Arthur; Arthur’s Tooth; D.W. Gets Lost
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Tooth; D.W. Gets Lost
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Tooth: It's bad enough to wear glasses all the time. But does Arthur have to be the last person in his class to lose his baby teeth? And will Francine ever quit teasing him about it? Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
D.W. Gets Lost: If you think being lost in a humongous, super-giganto department store would scare a four-year-old, think again. Lost while searching for the earrings of her dreams, D.W. wreaks havoc as she tries to find her way home.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Tooth; D.W. Gets Lost,” 10/05/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D89BF8964B644447B805A720518295F1.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Tooth; D.W. Gets Lost.” 10/05/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D89BF8964B644447B805A720518295F1>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Tooth; D.W. Gets Lost. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D89BF8964B644447B805A720518295F1